We respect your privacy. We never share or sell your personal information with any third parties. We respect your right to access and control your personal information.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and call sign;
- contact information including email address, physical address, and phone number;
- cookie IDs;
- geographic information such as city, state and/or country based on IP Address;
- your device type, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system;
- archives of browsing activity only for www.palstar.com and only for systems analysis and marketing. This data is anonymous and linked to an IP address or a specific email and address only when provided from a visitor to our site with their freely given consent. Only Palstar, Inc. has access to this data.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Sales order data is collected with an integrated shopping cart from a third-party vendor: Miva.com;
- We may use the information to improve our products and services;
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes;
- We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail;
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests;
- We send marketing emails with a third-party vendor: Mailchimp.com;
- We use the email you supply Palstar, Inc. to send you emails after you have visited Palstar.com and/or our shopping cart.
We use two third-party vendors to collect data and send you emails for this purpose:
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. The file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You can opt out of receiving future communications from us. You may also request to see any information about you that we have stored, and you may request that we delete any of this information. For marketing purposes our website collects a Consumer's contact information (like their email address, phone number or mailing address) only through a Double Opt-In process. If a Consumer Opts-In to receive mailings from us, we use this contact information to send marketing information to our customers. Please see below for how to contact us.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes;
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us.
Right to Access and Control and the Right to be Forgotten
We will not give, loan, share, make available, sell, distribute, or lease your personal information
to third parties unless at your request or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998.
A small fee will be payable.
We grant all visitors to our site the right to access and control their personal data.
We grant all visitors to our site the 'right to be forgotten' through the process of removal of all personal data to our site upon request.
We will provide notice of any data breach within 72 hours of the incident.
Palstar, Inc. is committed to the spirit and intent of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) that went into effect on 25 May 2018, although all personal information and data collected is generic marketing data and does not target any country or person, nor the European Union (EU) specifically, and thus, Palstar.com does not fall under the jurisdiction of the GDPR. Palstar, Inc. is located in Piqua, OH USA as pertains to jurisdiction and venue defined in EU Regulation OJ L351 20.12.2012(15). Palstar, Inc. is not required by law to appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO).
Requests for Information
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.